MPK Help Desk: To help answer questions about the COVID-19 Safer at Home order and related issues, please feel free to contact the Help Desk, 9 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday-Saturday (closed Sunday) at 626-307-1377 or at MpkHelpDesk@montereypark.ca.gov. Additionally, during city hall business hours, constituents are welcome to contact staff through their previously established contacts or by finding a contact via a website search or the website directory.
May 15, 2020: LA County Extends “Safer at Home” Order; Monterey Park Tennis and Pickleball Courts Reopen May 16 with Restrictions. More details.
May 13, 2020: LA County Dept of Public Health "Safer at Home" Revised order. More details
May 8, 2020: City of Monterey Park Confirms Project Roomkey at Two Locations. More details
May 7, 2020: LA County Dept of Public Health moving into First Stage of Recovery. More details
April 28, 2020: State Plan to Modify "Safer at Home;" Street Sweeping Enforcement to Resume May 18. More details
April 10, 2020: Extension of the “Safer at Home” Order and Face Covering Requirements. More details
April 10, 2020: County of Los Angeles "Safer at Home" Revised order. More details
April 9, 2020: Monterey Park Encourages Residents to Wear Face Coverings While Out in Public; Help Desk Hours Changes. More details
April 7, 2020: City of Monterey Park Temporarily Suspends Spirit Bus Service. More details
March 27, 2020: City of Monterey Park Continues to Expand Efforts to Slow the Spread. More Details
March 25, 2020: The City of Monterey Park Takes Additional Action to Prohibit Group Gatherings at Local Parks and Provides Resource Links for Residents and Businesses. More Details
March 20, 2020: City of Monterey Park’s “Safer at Home” Emergency Order Response. More Details
March 19, 2020: LA County and State of California issue "Safer at Home" emergency order stopping non-essential activities outside of residences in response to COVID-19. More Details
March 17, 2020 News Release: City of Monterey Park’s Continued Efforts to Provide Service to Community while Facility Closures are in Place. More Details
Subscribe to City of Monterey Park news flashes at www.MontereyPark.ca.gov/NotifyMe.
View our other social media such as Nixle alerts and Twitter.
- What is Project Roomkey to house NON COVID positive/NON symptomatic clients?
- What is status of parks, playgrounds, basketball and tennis courts?
- When will street sweeping parking enforcement resume?
- When and why do I need to wear a face covering?
- Who can I contact at Monterey Park City Hall?
- Where can I get info about LA County's drive-up mobile testing sites?
- How can I get more information about avoiding eviction?
- How do I get my "stimulus" payment and avoid being scammed?
- Are there in-home Covid-19 test kits?
- Are there cures and vaccines for Coronavirus/COVID-19 yet?
- Local Information
- City of Monterey Park recreation facilities status (PDF). Parks, playgrounds, courts, fields, restrooms, facilities, etc. that are open, modified or closed.
- L.A. County Roadmap to Recovery: status and updates on the reopening of businesses and organizations.
- 211 L.A. County hotline and website. Call 211 or visit www.211la.org. 24 hour health, human and social services. 211 can provide information on nonprofit and social (physical) services such as food pantries, homeless shelters, rental assistance, mortgage assistance, and utility assistance.
- L.A. County Dept. of Public Heath (COVID-19 cases, locations, Safer at Home order, multiple languages.)
- Project Roomkey: temporary housing for people who are experiencing homelessness and have shown no symptoms of Covid-19. Two locations in the City of Monterey Park - Lincoln Plaza Hotel, 123 S. Lincoln Avenue and Garvey Inn, 1040 E. Garvey Avenue. May 16 community virtual meeting info.
- L.A. County Disaster Help Center for business, workers, non-profits and tenants/landlords. lacountyhelpcenter.org, email@example.com or 833-238-4450.
- Career/Employment Opportunities: Bruggemeyer Library Career Center , OnwardCA
- Unemployment insurance benefits from CA Employment Development Department (EDD)
- Safer at Home Emergency Order FAQ by L.A. County Department of Public Health: English, Spanish, Chinese
- Costco Senior Hours. Effective Monday, May 4, senior (60+) hours are 9-10 a.m., Monday-Friday. No guests are allowed to accompany the seniors, but Costco employees will be providing assistance to load items into their carts if needed. Please note during regular store hours no more than two people will be allowed to enter per membership.
- Resource Services page from the Office of Assemblymember Ed Chau, District 49
- Ralphs Supermarkets in Monterey Park are open to Seniors (65+) as follows:
- Dial-A-Ride: Monterey Park Dial-A-Ride is available 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday for essential trips to medical facilities, grocery stores or local pharmacies. 626-307-1396.
- Dial-A-Taxi: Monterey Park Dial-A-Taxi is available 24 hours, 7 days a week for senior residents. Residents must complete an application and provide proof of residency (state issued ID or utility bill) and one-time $5.00 registration fee. Due to the COVID-19 emergency declaration, applications will be issued on a need basis to ensure transportation services are met. Call 626-307-1396.
- A message on programs and services from the Director of Department of Public Social Services (DPSS), Antonia Jimenez. View message here
- If you have lost your job, or just need assistance, please apply for benefits online by visiting the Your Benefits Now (YBN) website at https://www.yourbenefits.laclrs.org/ybn/Index.html
- Food Assistance & Food Banks (Find food, donate & volunteer)
- LA County food resources portal: Find meals, voucher programs. Find food as well as donate, volunteer and connect with providers. covid19.lacounty.gov/food. Other LA County Food Resources here.
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC) - COVID-19 Information for WIC Families
- Find FREE Meals for Kids When Schools are Closed from the USDA. Click here for interactive map and information
- L.A Regional Food Bank
- CANCELLED-Monthly LA Regional Food Bank at Barnes Park (2nd Tuesday of the month). Temporary free home delivery food packages offered. For more information: English, Spanish, Chinese
- Commodities Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) is now accepting new applications. To see if you qualify click here. If you are already a participant of this program, AMAZON will automatically deliver or ship a CSFP food package to your address in May. Please call (323) 647-7208 or email: CSFP@lafoodbank.org to update your contact information.
- American Legion Post 397: 338 S. Ramona Avenue, Monterey Park, CA 91754, 626-692-4918.
- CalFresh food benefits to individuals and families with low-incomes.
- Workforce Development, Aging and Community Services (WDACS):
- FREE emergency meals for seniors available by appointment only 323-260-2801. Additional info here.
- FREE pick up and delivery program to deliver groceries, household items, and other vital items to individuals unable to leave their homes due to COVID-19. Call 888-863-7411 to request delivery service. More information here
- Restaurant Delivered Meals: FEMA-funded program that will assist older adults and other eligible individuals who are socially isolated and unable to cook their own meals.
- Meals-on-Wheels program offers home delivery meals to homebound seniors 60 years and up. Frozen meals are delivered at the door once a week. Contact the YWCA Intervale San Gabriel Valley at 626-214-9443.
- Reopening checklists for establishments from LA County Public Health. See "Reopening Protocols" section.
- Spanx is opening a grant fund for women-owned businesses:$5,000 to 1,000 businesses nationwide. Application opens on May 4th. Click here for more details.
- Verizon Small Business Recovery Fund Grant will open on May 14th. Click here for more details.
- L.A. Small Business Development Center: Guide for small business owners to stay informed, plan, and respond to the impact of COVID-19.
- Monterey Park restaurants that are open and offering for-sale take-out and delivery service. (Restaurant owners can be added or update a listing by contacting the MPK Help Desk.) Business owners can also add their information to KTLA’s list of open businesses by clicking here.
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering Economic Injury Load advance of up to $10k to businesses that are currently experiencing a temporary loss of revenue with no repayment. For more details: https://www.sba.gov/page/disaster-loan-applications
- LA County Business & Worker Disaster Help Center. For more details: https://lacountyhelpcenter.org/for-business-owners/
- LA County Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC) help for-profit and non-profit employers of every size, and their employees in Monterey Park. No-cost business assistance and crisis relief consultation, please contact Joseph Torres at 213-448-1804 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Online Resource Guide details: https://www.laedc.org/coronavirus/
- Assistance for Small Businesses from US Department of Treasury - Paycheck Protection Program
- IRS - Refundable Payroll Tax Credits
- State of CA Business, Consumer Services and Housing Coronavirus guidance. Renters and homeowners protections (PDF).
- Resource list from L.A. Homeless Services Authority (Basic needs, mainstream benefits, workers, employers, seniors, etc.)
- Utilities: Monterey Park Water and Trash, So. Cal. Edison (SCE), So. Cal. Gas.
- Resources for Renters
- School Information/Child Care
- Tax/Financial Information
- LA County Property Tax Information (click here)
- California Taxes extension to file state tax returns (click here)
- Disaster Loan Assistance (Federal Disaster Loans for Businesses, Private Nonprofits, Homeowners, and Renters)
- California Employment Development Department (EDD) unemployment, family leave and employer info.
- Coronavirus scams, rumors and price gouging from USA.gov.
- Health Services
- How to Make Cloth Face Coverings, Sew and No Sew Methods by the CDC
- LA County Free COVID-19 Testing. Priority given to symptomatic persons or vulnerable populations. Visit covid19.lacounty.gov/testing/ or call 211.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Prevent Getting Sick (Click here)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: Counseling and support call 800-985-5990 or visit US Dept. of Health and Human Services SAMHSA.
- LA County Dept. of Mental Health - If you are feeling stressed, depressed or anxious and need to talk with someone call 800-854-7771, text "LA" to 741741, or visit LACDMH
- Friendship Line California is toll-free and available to provide emotional support to older Californians facing loneliness, isolation, and anxiety, call 888-670-1360 or visit aging.ca.gov.
- California Department of Public Health Face Covering Guidance.
- Emergency Cooling Center locations in Los Angeles County, click here