Note: Thank you to all the 200+ families that played this year's hunt and visited the parks - it was a great success. If you are one of the lucky winners, you should have already received an email with instructions how to claim your prize. For questions, please contact Orlando at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-307-1388. Monterey Park celebrates “Parks Make Life Better” Month with a scavenger hunt Since 1985, America has celebrated July as the nation’s official Park and Recreation Month. Created by the National Recreation Parks Association (NRPA), Park and Recreation Month specifically highlights the vital and powerful role recreation departments play in conservation, health and wellness, and social equity efforts in communities all across the country.
The City of Monterey Park Recreation and Community Services Department urges all residents to enjoy and recognize the social, physical, mental, economic, environmental, and community benefits derived from our parks. This July, we invite the community to celebrate “Parks Make Life Better” month by participating in our community scavenger hunt.
Did you know there are 14 parks in the City and most residents have a park within walking distance from their home? Here’s a chance to get to know the parks in your city.
Scavenger Hunt steps:
1. Visit local parks between July 13-31 for a chance to win a prize.
2. During your visit, locate the Scavenger Hunt sign within the park.
3. Utilize your mobile phone to scan the QR Code on each sign.
4. Each QR code will link you to a video containing instructions. Follow the instructions to locate the secret code word at each park.
5. Visit multiple parks to obtain additional secret code words and increase your chances of winning a prize. (One entry, per park, per person.)
6. Email your first/last name, park location, and the secret code word for each respective park to email@example.com by 6 p.m., July 31, 2020.
7. Please stop by Barnes Park to pick up a Scavenger Hunt Crossword sheet or print one from home. Complete the Secret Phrase and submit for an additional chance to win.
All winners will be notified via email by Friday, August 7, 2020 with instructions on how to claim prizes. For additional information or questions please contact the Recreation and Community Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 626-307-1388.
To view each park's video please click below and enjoy!