The Recreation and Community Services Department offers an array of Senior Services. Most activities are based out of the Langley Center, located at 400 West Emerson Avenue, Monterey Park CA 91754.
Langley Center provides a variety of opportunities for adults 50+years old to participate in learning classes for personal growth and development. Special recreation events and informational programs are scheduled throughout the year. Activities at the Langley Center include: daily lunch program, fitness programs, ping-pong, billiards, free health screenings and case management services. Click here for monthly newsletter.
Langley Center Services
- Senior Lunch Meals provided by YWCA Intervale - San Gabriel Valley.
- Classes and Programs
- Commission on Aging
- Transportation Services
Memo Chavez, Recreation Supervisor email: email@example.com
Senior Dine-in Lunch Program:
Join us for a hot lunch meal Monday - Friday from 11:00am - 12:30pm in our Main Room. Lunches are served on a first-come, first-served basis. The drop-in dine-in meals are open to any adult over 60 years and older or disabled. Our daily congregate in-kind lunch meals are provided by the YWCA - San Gabriel Valley Intervale Senior Services. Contact Langley Center at 626-307-1395 for current details about the program and to register. Suggested donation $3.00.
- Must be a resident and 60 years or older or individual with a permanent or temporary disability.
- Completed lunch intake application form with the Los Angeles County Area Agency on Aging.
- Lunches are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations begin at 8:00am.
- Call Langley Center at 626-307-1395 or 626-307-1478 for more information.
Meals-on-Wheels: The Meals-on-Wheels program offers home delivery meals to homebound seniors 60 years and up. Frozen meals are delivered at your door once a week to enjoy at home. For more information on this program, please contact the YWCA Intervale San Gabriel Valley at 626-214-9467.