Fees Paid to Other Agencies

School Development Fee

For new constructions or additions, a School Development Fee must be paid at the school district's office before the city can issue the permit. There are four school districts in Monterey Park. Each school district has its own fee schedule. Please obtain a school-fee write-up at the Building Counter for your project and make the payment at the school district office. For more information about school fees, please contact the respective school district below:

  • Alhambra School District: 626-308-2200
  • Garvey School District: 626-307-3400 ext. 2558
  • Los Angeles School District: 213-625-4032
  • Montebello  School District: 323-726-1225

County Sanitation Fee

For new construction, additions (except additions to a single-family residence) and tenant remodel that would increase the industrial waste discharge, a fee shall be paid at the County Sanitation District before the city can issue the permit. For more information about county sanitation fees, please contact the County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County at 562-908-2488.