Starting a New Business in Monterey Park
Thank you for your interest in starting a new business in Monterey Park. We look forward to having you be a part of our thriving community.
Starting a business in Monterey Park is a simple two-step process:
(1) submit and complete a Zoning Clearance for New Business Application with the Community Development Department (which may include Fire and Health Department inspections), and
(2) submit and complete a Business License Application. Failure to comply with any City regulation violates the Monterey Park Municipal Code, which may result in adverse action, including, without limitation, fines and penalties.
All persons seeking to start a new business in the City of Monterey Park are strongly encouraged to speak with the Planning Department before beginning any operations, including signing lease agreements.
Part of the services we provide is to help you through the new business process to make it as efficient and painless as possible. We encourage all new business owners to reach out to our Economic Development Team first to help you streamline the new business process. Please visit the Economic Development Division New Business web page.
- Apply for a Filming Permit in the City (link that sentence to the film la page: https://www.montereypark.ca.gov/1097/Film-Permit-Application)
- HDL is currently processing business licenses for the City of Monterey Park. To renew your existing business license please visit the HDL page at https://montereypark.hdlgov.com/
- Economic Development Opportunities: Help Your Business Succeed https://www.montereypark.ca.gov/1475/22580/Help-Your-Business-Succeed