Home Delivery Service
The Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library’s Home Delivery Service provides monthly home delivery to patrons who are physically unable to visit the library.
Patrons who submit an application, and are approved, will be paired with a Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library staff member to assist them with material selection and scheduling delivery service. A valid Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library card is required.
The delivery of materials will be provided by drivers with the City of Monterey Park’s Dial-a-Ride Service. To learn more about this program, call the Reference Desk at (626) 307-1368.
This program is for residents of Monterey Park who are unable to visit the library for a minimum of three (3) month due to:
- Age (60 years and up),
- Disability, or
In addition to meeting these criteria, patrons must self-certify on the application that their physical or medical condition prevents them from leaving their home.
What materials are eligible for checkout under the Home Delivery Program?
- Hardcover and paperback books
- Large Print hardcover and paperback books
- Foreign Language hardcover and paperback books
- Available languages: Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese
- Audiobooks on CD (English ONLY)
- Music CDs
Magazines, newspapers, and DVDs are not available through the library’s Home Delivery Program.
How many items can I borrow and how long can I keep the materials?
- Patrons can borrow a maximum of five (5) items for four (4) weeks.
- Patrons are allowed one (1) additional renewal and will need to contact staff to arrange the renewal.
If I return my items after the due date, will I accrue fines?
- Patrons enrolled in the Home Delivery Program will NOT accrue fines for late materials; however, if items are damaged or lost patrons will incur replacement and processing fees.
Home Delivery Service Requirements for Delivery
Patrons requesting the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library’s Home Delivery Service must abide by the following steps to receive their items:
- On the day of delivery, patrons will be given a time frame to allow for delivery:
- Patrons will need to be home in order to receive their delivery
- In the event a patron is not home to receive their items, they will need to reschedule their delivery
- When a driver arrives, the driver will contact the patron to confirm they are home
- After confirming the patron is home, the driver will either knock or ring the doorbell and will leave the items at the doorstep
- If the patron does not receive delivery, the materials will be returned to the library
- When a patron is ready to return their items, they will need to leave their items outside their door when the driver is on their way
Will someone be able to assist me if I don't speak English?
Staff is fluent in English, Mandarin, Spanish, and Vietnamese and is ready to assist.
Step One: Apply for a Library Card
In order to apply for the Home Delivery Program, patrons must have a Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library card in good standing. If patrons do not have a library card, they will need to register for a card by calling (626) 308-1368.
Step Two: Submit an Application
Step Three: A staff member will contact an approved applicant
Once an application has been submitted and approved a staff member will contact patrons to determine:
- Their materials preference;
- A schedule for delivery and pickup