Shop Local Rewards Program
About the App
The City of Monterey Park is thrilled to announce that it will soon be launching Monterey Park Rewards, a free, new, and innovative shop local rewards program app designed to reward residents and visitors with MPK Points for shopping and dining at local businesses right here in Monterey Park.
Each MPK Point equals $1, funded by the City of Monterey Park and easily redeemed at local participating businesses. The program aims to reward new and existing customers for shopping and dining locally while helping our small business community to recover and thrive. The app also provides businesses a platform to publish, market, and communicate directly with Monterey Park residents and visitors.
And the best part is, there is absolutely no cost for businesses to participate! The City of Monterey Park fully funds the MPK Points earned on the Monterey Park Rewards program.
Easy to participate and boost business (Steps to Participate)
Three Easy Steps to Sign Up
Step 1: Click here to complete the application.
Step 2: If qualified, you will receive an email from us prompting you to:
- Sign an online agreement with the City of Monterey Park.
- Sign a payee registration form.
Step 3: Once your app profile is finished, a Shop Local Reward app liaison will visit your business to drop off branded flyers and other promotional items.
Requirements for businesses to be eligible to participate
- Must be a small business (500 or less employee) physically located in the City of Monterey Park
- Must be in the following industries:
- Food Services (Restaurants, Cafes, Coffeeshop, etc.)
- Personal Care Services (Not eligible to be redeeming businesses)
- Must be in good standing with the City (no liens or judges or outstanding code enforcement violations)
- Must be a legally operated for-profit business located within the City of Monterey Park city limits (home-based businesses are not eligible)
- Must have a valid City of Monterey Park business license at the time the application is made
- Must be independently owned and operated, with the principal office located within the City of Monterey Park city limits (publicly traded companies, franchised businesses, national/retail chain businesses are not eligible)
- Businesses must accept credit cards or debit cards
- Businesses should contribute to the overall quality and well-being of the community
*Please note that you must have a gmail account (get one for free). If desired, we can assist in establishing your gmail account.
Email for questions
For any questions, please contact Karen Ko, Economic Development Specialist, at (626) 307-1385 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested residents can download, use and enjoy the app in the Apple App Store and Google Play. Additional details to be provided leading up to the community-wide launch.