What We Do
The Economic Development Division serves several functions. In keeping with our responsibility to market the City and attract, assist, and retain businesses, we :
- help business owners navigate the business creation process,
- conduct outreach within the business community to identify the needs and concerns of local business owners,
- identify and create programs to assist local businesses,
- locate underused commercial properties and work with owners and leasing agents to help them find the right tenants,
- market and promote the City at networking events like the International Council of Shopping Centers conference to attract high-profile tenants,
- manage the lease and sale of City-owned properties, and
- act as liaison to the Business Improvement District.
Who We Are
The Economic Development Division stimulates economic activity by creating and administering programs designed to support local businesses, develop quality commercial corridors, provide affordable housing, supply community services, and enhance neighborhoods.
For questions regarding business assistance or site location please contact Michael Encinas, our Acting Economic Development Specialist.
Three major freeways (the 10, 710, and 60) give Monterey Park excellent access to the rest of LA County. Its central location provides the foundation for tourism and commerce within the City.
City Hall is:
- 8.5 miles from Union Station in LA
- 25.6 miles from LAX
- 26.2 miles from the Port of Long Beach
- 21.5 miles from Burbank Airport