LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (LAX) ADVISORY
Schedule of Upcoming Runway Closures
LAX Noise Management Webpage Offers New Feature on Email Notifications
The LAX Noise Management webpage offers a new feature allowing individuals in the community to sign up to receive email notifications regarding aircraft flight activity and other aircraft noise-related information. The process for signing up is simple by visiting the LAX Noise Management’s website at www.lawa.org/LAXNoise and look for the "Aircraft Noise Notifications" form to input the required information (email address, city and zip code) and then click the subscribe button. A short email validation process then follows.
FAA SoCal Metroplex Public Information Workshops
The City invited the public to come learn about changes in flight paths occurring in March and April 2017 that will upgrade the existing system to satellite-based technology. A series of public information workshops and Internet-based webinars were conducted in January and February 2017 to provide a variety of information on the Metroplex project. The public information workshops were an open-house format where the public can attend anytime during the posted times to learn about the project. FAA representatives provided a variety of information on the project and were on site to answer questions. Check out FAA webpage (external site) or click to see the letter and flyers from FAA regarding these workshops.
FAA SoCal Metroplex Public Information Workshop Held in Monterey Park
The FAA SoCal Metroplex public information workshop session #2 was held on January 24, 2017 at Monterey Park Langley Senior Center in the Main Room. For up-to-date information, please review the project website (external site).
FAA SoCal Metroplex Community Engagement
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) signed a Finding of No Significant Impact and (FONSI) Record of Decision (ROD) for the Southern California Metroplex project on August 31, 2016. This is the FAA’s final decision, and it enables the agency to move forward with implementing the project, which will replace dozens of existing conventional air traffic control procedures with new satellite-based procedures. The project is being implemented in phases between November 2016 and April 2017. FAA is planning community outreach in support of the implementation of the project. The outreach will consist of both public information briefings and internet-based webinars. Click here for more information.
Monterey Park Held Public Meeting Concerning Airplane Noise in November 2016
On November 10, 2016, the City of Monterey Park held a public meeting to discuss the issue of airplane noise and low flying aircrafts. Thank you to those who came out and expressed their comments or concerns. The PowerPoint presentation (PPT) slides can be viewed.
Low Flying Aircraft
Report aircraft that you suspect are flying below their designated altitude of 2,500 feet (sea level). Contact the airport via telephone at 424-64-NOISE (424-646-6473) or log your complaint on the LAX Noise Management website.
To Report a Noisy or Low Flying Airplane
Additional Resources and Links
- LAX noise management re: LAX info, filing complaints, monthly reports, etc. (external website)
- LAX Internet Flight Tracking re: Live flight tracking information (external website)
- Airplane Noise Update Presentation at March 21, 2018 Council Meeting (PDF) - March 21, 2018
- Statistical Update on Extended Downwind Approach (PDF) - March 2018 (PDF)
- Letter from the Roundtable to FAA (PDF) - January 17, 2018 (PDF)
- Letter from the Roundtable to FAA to Invite FAA to Attend Roundtable Meetings (PDF) - December 29, 2017
- Letter from the Roundtable to FAA in Response to Decline of Providing Info on Procedures (PDF) - November 21, 2017
- FAA Response to the Roundtable Letter Dated October 1, 2017 (PDF) - November 13, 2017
- Letter from Monterey Park to Roundtable Members re By-laws (PDF) - November 8, 2017
- FAA Response to the Roundtable Letter Dated September 23, 2017 (PDF) - November 2, 2017
- Letter to FAA on DAHJR Waypoint (external site) (PDF) - October 1, 2017
- Letters to FAA on Flight Procedures and Other Matters (external site) - September 23, 2017
- Statistical Update on Extended Downwind Approach (PDF) - March 2017
- Letter from LAX Community Noise Roundtable to Congressman LoBiondo re: HR 598 (PDF), March 29, 2017
- Airplane Noise Public Meeting Presentation (PDF) - November 10, 2016
- Metroplex Community Outreach Notice (PDF) - from FAA for October & November 2016
- "Metroplex - An Update on SoCal Airspace Modernization" (PDF) from the October 12, 2016 LAX Roundtable Meeting
- Letter from FAA to MPK dated 9/1/16 (PDF) re: SoCal Metroplex Finding as of September 1, 2016
- LAX noise presentation (video) from the July 20, 2016 public meeting
- LAX presentation and discussion item (video) at the September 3, 2014 City Council meeting
- LAX slide presentation (PDF) on flight patterns and airplane noise from the September 3, 2014 City Council meeting.
- MPK-TV archival video from 1998-99 town hall meetings with the FAA, etc. on our YouTube page (external site).
Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA) has previously provided an overview of the number of flights that extend over Monterey Park and the altitude. View statistics (PDF) on flights online.
Community Noise Roundtable
LAWA provides a public forum to express concerns about airport operations at Community Noise Roundtable meetings that are held at the airport on a bimonthly basis. Visit the roundtable website for meeting info, agendas, recaps and presentation and correspondence documents.